Lucijas Garutas Foundation (Lūcijas Garūtas fonds) was established in May of 2000.
Among the initiators of the foundation were her relatives, colleagues and students, people feeling a wish to maintain memories and the creative heritage of Lūcijas Garūta, but above all – to take care that heritage being actively included into contemporary cultural and musical life of Latvia.
The main functional trends of the Lūcijas Garūta foundation are as follows:
• promotion of culture, music and art;
• organizing seminars, courses, educational, charity events;
• organizing concerts and contests;
• promoting the creation of compositions by new Latvian composers;
• encouraging young players to learn the heritage of Latvian music so that it sounds in Latvia and beyond its borders.
• sheet music editions, books, booklets, postcards, etc. creation, publication and distribution;
• CD, DVD, VIDEO and AUDIO recordings;
• ensuring the preservation of cultural objects, museum activities and traditions;
• cooperation with similar organizations;
• integration of different groups of society.
Among the supporters of the foundation there are: Cultural Ministry, Latvian Academy of Music, Latvian Composer’s Union, Musica Baltica publishers, Music schools, as well as individuals both in Latvia and abroad.